David Vandervoort is a story artist and facial animation designer at Laika Entertainment, and worked as a story artist, 2D facial character animator, and animator for the end credit sequence in ParaNorman. He was also one of the authors of The Art and Making of ParaNorman.
David previously worked as director and animator at Titmouse (2004-09), lead animator at Wild Brain (2004-06), assistant director at Cartoon Network Studios (2002-03), animator and director at Klasky Csupo (2001-03), character designer at Mondo Media (2000-01), assistant director at MTV Networks (1998-2000), animator at Natterjack (1997-98).
- The Boxtrolls (2014) - 2D facial animator / story artist
- ParaNorman (2012) - 2D facial animator / animator: end credits sequence / story artist
- Hot in Cleveland (2014) - characher design for 1 episode
- Motorcity (2012) - original character concept design for 4 episodes / digital character concept designer for 2 episodes
- Megas XLR (2004) - assistant director for 7 episodes
- Roswell (2002) - animator for 1 episode
- Downtown (1999) - assistant director for 3 episodes
- Cartoon Sushi (1997) - animator for 1 episode
- Pinched (2010) - director / writer / animator / digital compositor
- The Hidden Life of the Burrowing Owl (2008) - animator
- Guilty Except for Insanity (2010) - animator
Concept Art Gallery
Collaborated with Heidi Smith.
Concept art by David Vandervoort, character designs by Heidi Smith.
Collaborated with Ean McNamara.
Beat board layouts by David Vandervoort, and painted by Ean McNamara.
Collaborated with Trevor Dalmer and Ean McNamara.
Poster line art by David Vandervoort, and painted by Trevor Dalmer and Ean McNamara.